Additional Driver Training
Customer satisfaction, compliance and Safety First starts and stops with continuous training. We expect and require our NEMT partners to incorporate our the TennCare standards of training into their new-hire and ongoing employee education programs.
Expectations for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Providers
- Tennessee Carriers holds our partners to the same high standards of quality that we ourselves maintain. We are partnered with some of the best NEMT Transporters in the business and they share our commitment to quality.
- Tennessee Carriers expects our NEMT partners to operate well-maintained vehicles with well-trained, professional drivers who focus on providing transportation that is safe, efficient, and timely. All transporters must meet, maintain, and show compliance with all standards regarding performance, insurance, appropriate licenses, and safe, sanitary vehicles.
- Tennessee Carriers has an enviable record of strict compliance with State and Federal regulations governing our industry. We pay special attention to the most crucial aspects of our business, including call center management, transporter vetting and training, vehicle condition and performance, as well as the prompt payment of claims.
- We expect the utmost in courtesy and care for the people who ride with you. We cannot overstate the requirement for sensitivity and respect towards all Members regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, language, sexual orientation, or appearance.
- Along with these important basic requirements, each of our NEMT partners are required to fulfill certain reporting requirements on a frequent basis.
- These include:
- Complaint responses
- Accident and incident reporting
- Other regulatory reporting
- We expect all reports to be submitted timely and correctly. These requirements can change unexpectedly from time to time, both in nature and frequency.
- These include:
Application for Providers
Tennessee Carriers welcomes your interest in becoming a partner within our non-emergency medical transportation NEMT network.
As Tennessee’s largest and most trusted NEMT broker, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of performance and compliance and are seeking partners who subscribe to the same standards and match our ongoing commitment to excellence.
- Request an application by contacting NEMTproviders@tenncarriers.com
- Inaccurate or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Not all who apply will be accepted. Tennessee Carriers, Inc. will select new vendors based on network needs, vendor capabilities, experience and location.
Tennessee Carriers is committed to the prompt processing of claims received from our Partners.
Please be advised that payment and satisfaction of all claims will be from federal and state funds, and that any false claims, statements, documents, or concealment of a material fact, may be prosecuted under applicable federal and/or state laws.
Important TennCare Web Links
TennCare Home: http://www.tn.gov/tenncare
TennCare Online Eligibility: https://apps.tn.gov/tcmis/tennessee/Security/logon.asp
TennCare Fraud & Abuse: http://tn.gov/tnoig
Other Helpful Links
Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA) – Reference
The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) – Reference
Transit & Paratransit Company (TAPTCO) – Training
Drivecam/Lytx On-board Cameras, Sensors, and Monitoring – Equipment